Friday, May 05, 2006

Well, it's my first official blog and I must admit I'm a little nervous. Not shaking nervous but I have very high expectations for myself. Not that I'm going to start using performance enhancing drugs to help improve my writing here (I believe my semester-long stint as scribe for my local fraternity definitely assists me in this endeavor). I figure since everyone and their uncle have blogs why shouldn't I start? I have something to contribute to society. Right?

Who am I kidding.....where are those writing steroids when I need them?

So, let me start by explaining the name for the blog. When I was little (actually, I still am little but that's for another conversation), I used to be a HUGE fan of Saturday Night Live. Dennis Miller, who was my favorite Weekend Update anchor, used to begin each broadcast with "Good evening...and what can I tell you..." I always looked forward to SNL...even though most of the jokes went over my head.

He'd then end the broadcast with "And I am....outta here!" I guess that's where I'll conclude tonight.

No comments: