Monday, May 22, 2006

It wasn't the most joyful of weekends. After feeling a little weakened Friday, I got pounded with a cold that relegated me to my bed for much of the weekend. Well, maybe I shouldn't say "bed." I mean, does a mattress on the floor really constitute a "bed?" Maybe I should just call it a sleeping area.

I believe this it where I digress and go off on a "pizza store" tangent.

I tried to attend my friend Rory's 30th birthday party (I think it was 30th surprise party number 11 that I've attended) and lasted about 2 hours before I felt like I was going to need a stretcher to carry me out of the house. After going through 1.5 boxes of tissues, several tablets of Allegra-D, sudafed, and some sort of fish tranquilizer, I still felt like crap. It could have been worse....at least I didn't have a pool cue stuck up my ass.

HEY NOW!

On a similar subject, it looks like Jimmy is writing a book! For years, I had heard rumors about the fine governor sleeping around with other men (even politicians)....but I always thought it was a joke. Looks like the man was finding pleasures in houses, bars and even at rest stops.

Makes me think twice about trying that fixins bar at the Roy Rogers on the Turnpike from now on.

I think the classic line from the story linked above is this...

"The book already can be ordered on Amazon.com, which is packaging it with the gay cowboy film "Brokeback Mountain."

One missed out on an Oscar, while the other dabbled with Golan's Globes.

And here's another excerpt...

"He writes at length about a relationship with a woman he met at Catholic University. Later, when McGreevey went to Harvard for a graduate degree in education in 1981, he reconnected with her. McGreevey doesn't name the woman, referring to her by the pseudonym "Laura."
She would serve as a date for him -- his "beard" -- when needed."


All of a sudden, I am having second thoughts about Joe Pendleton's Playoff "beard."

The My Coke Rewards is up to 114 points. I think I have 3 weeks left....

Good to see Prince is making the news again. But how does one even get nominated for "sexiest vegetarian"? There are TONS of candidates to choose from. Melissa Rivers....Ed Begley, Jr., Ed Asner, James Cromwell.

OK...so maybe Prince isn't such a bad option after all. The weird thing is I always thought Prince was a meat eater.

Just under a week until Memorial Day and unofficial start of summer! You know what that means? That's right....the return of Sandman's entire extended family to my complex to enjoy our pool!

Gosh, I love the summer.

2 comments:

jersey girl said...

Pizza store. I was in the vicinity of your hut the other day and that was the first thought that came to mind...

Pete said...

Jim McGreevey was a farce.

Even before he leapt out of the closet.

I met him twice at Woodbridge baseball games, and I immediately thought he had the personality of a used-car saleman.

Little did we know, he was a used-sperm receptacle.

Even more obnoxious about McGreevey was this girl in my Public Opinion class who worked on his campaign.

Nicole something-or-other. Tedeschi?

Anyway, I was taking the class in the fall of '97, I guess, when his re-election campaign was underway. The professor would always ask her questions about it, and she would say, "Oh, well Jim says this... and Jim believes that."

Flaunting her connection to the world's gayest governor.

I wanted to say to her, "Jim says shut the fuck up, you stupid twit!"

As if that wasn't annoying enough, I somehow was forced into doing a group project with her and about three other random people. This was at the height of my tenure at the Daily Targum.

These people wanted to meet at 7 p.m. all the time, and as you can imagine, that didn't really work well with putting out a five-page sports section every night. So I skipped their meetings.

Toward the end, they were rightly exasperated with me, and told me just to write the introduction to their paper, which was next to impossible, because I didn't know what the hell it was about. So I didn't do it.

I soon stopped going to the class altogether -- I had a class on Livingston the period immediately before, and this was on Douglass, which had almost no parking available, even when I attempted to use my all-lot access pass.

If I got there at all, it was 20 minutes late thanks to the traffic on Route 18.

So I wound up getting an F in the class, Toddy. An F in my major.

But I got the last laugh. I ran into this Nicole skank at the Grease Trucks the next semester. She spotted me and came over to snottily say something like, "I just want you to know that we worked really hard on that project. We did fine, no thanks to you."

With her nose held high in my face, I said, "I'm sorry I lost you your set of steak knives," and walked away.

I'm sure that left her utterly perplexed, because there was no way that girl was cool enough to get the A Few Good Men reference.