Friday, May 19, 2006



There is one more week of American Idol left. And as much as I’d hate to admit it, I have become a fan of this show. I know….I know....I’ll be handing in my heterosexual card at the next checkpoint.

I didn’t watch the first few seasons, but then one of my coworkers tried out for the program and instantly I was hooked on it like Whitney Houston on crack (And yes, I've marked out my face in case any of my youngsters happen to be surfing on here....).

The show is only REALLY good during the first month or so. That's when some of the most horrendous performers try to convince the three judges, Mo, Larry and Schillina, that they are among the BEST in the country. Some of these clowns really think they can sing and start weeping endlessly while firing profanities at the camera. People who are disasters makes for great television.

Personally, I don’t care who wins….Taylor or Kat. I was kind of ticked off when "rocker" Chris Daughtry was tossed a few shows back. That seemed to be the consensus of every tough guy who watched the show or was forced to watch the show due to a girlfriend or wife who was hooked onto the program and had control over the remotes on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. A common line thrown out on radio talk shows: "Now I have no reason to watch the show!" What about waiting for another exciting episode of Unan1mous? Don't even get me started on that crap.

Maybe I’m leaning a little more towards the gal winning because she’s better eye candy…then again, a victory might lessen the chances she’ll appear in a full Playboy spread. Or better yet, Swank. (I keeeed, I keeed).

Do I get my hetrosexual card back now?

Which reminds me of a little story....

I was teaching a science class with a coworker. She was talking about blood clotting in humans. During the lecture, she asked the class, "What do you call the disorder where blood does not clot properly?"

The class sat there for several seconds....clueless....

(Bueller.....Bueller.....Bueller....)

You had a better chance of getting a giraffe to recite the alphabet. So she prompted them....."Heeeemo"

One of the students got up....with this HUGE smile on his face....."Hemo-SEXUAL!"

I nearly pissed myself.

My Coke Rewards total....114 points. I think I'm up to a $20 coupon when I buy $300 worth of ant trap products or something.

Anyone think Fantasia will be making an appearance in Black Tail anytime soon?

1 comment:

SJPSandman said...

Dude, why are you trying to lie? I KNOW you had a crush on Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais!