Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Greatest Day of the Year


One thing I have learned about "The Big Game" (I don't want the NFL suing me for copyright infringement and taking away all $30 I have in my bank account), there's always a big surprise in store.


I don't think I have accurately picked a Super Bowl winner since the Reagan administration. So, when the Colts and Bears take to the field today, I probably will screw this one up, too.


Some quick thoughts/predictions about today:


-- The Bears defense isn't the same unit it was during the first half of the regular season. I think Manning will pick apart that Bears D.


-- The NFC sucks.


-- That Kevin Federline commercial is already old.


-- I will feel the need to buy a domain on GoDaddy.com.


-- Prince's nipples will remain covered to the delight of 90 million onlookers.


-- Joe Pendleton will break 24 hours of sobriety by having a frosty beverage.


-- Someone will mention the need to make Monday a national holiday.


-- A Bengal will be arrested.


With all of that said, I like the Colts to win and win big.....but since I'm never right, I need to go against myself and go with Bears +7. Colts 24-20.


Then again, I haven't been right in years....so what do I know?

After this game, it's a LONG 2 months until first pitch. Nothing like a thesis to keep me occupied.


For those with a Jewish background (and just because some of you like matzah with butter or sales at the mall, doesn't make you Jewish), check out this video that a friend of mine at UPenn sent me.

No comments: