Saturday, February 24, 2007

Separated at Birth








Is it me or does Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban (left) look like Anna Nicole Smith's ex-parasite Howard K. Stern (below)?



















If Cuban wasn't worth a billion dollars, do you think he'd throw his name in the bidding for custody of Anna Nicole's daughter?













OSCARS






Despite the fact that I haven't seen most of the movies up for an Oscar, I feel that with my Blockbuster.com subscription, I am more than qualified to make my own Oscar picks.




Best Picture: The Departed. Although Babel is getting all of the attention right now, I could barely make it through the trailer. The Departed kept me interested from start to finish...much like Crash last year. When everyone was picking Brokeback Mountain to win, I went with Crash. Not that it got me anywhere further in life....

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker (The Last King in Scotland). Didn't see this movie, but he was very good in ER. Plus, I always felt bad for the guy with that eye problem he has. I did see the Will Smith movie (and he was very believable in that flick), but it's hard to give it to someone whose most memorable work revolves being the Fresh Price of Bel Air with this kid. Hey....is that Mosher?

Best Actress: Helen Mirren (The Queen). She's mentioned by EVERY publication to win this award. It's almost like if I took on Shaquille O'Neal in a game of hoops. Totally overmatched.
Heck, it's almost like if I took on anyone over the age of 13 in a game of hoops. (Or under the age of 13 for that matter)

Best Foreign Language Film: Pan's Labyrinth. Muy bien! Es una pelicula que tiene....ah, I knew i should have paid attention more in spanish class. Stephen King loved this movie. I KNOW I'm getting this one right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as "Separated at Brith Goes": How about The Joker and Thom Yorke- lead vocals from Radiohead?

http://www.thom-yorke.info/include/photos/thom_yorke1.jpg

Blockhead69 said...

Just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I find it very funny and entertaining. It is definitely a must read.

Joependleton said...

Todd: Read my post on the Oscars. As for Crash, I thought that movie blew, but then I also thought Dumb & Dumber was Oscar material.

SJPSandman said...

Nice call on Pan's Labyrinth, bunghole!

That reminds me. You owe me $10