Monday, April 30, 2007

So? (Pranos)


The Sopranos aren't going out with a bang. I don't know what it is about this season, but I can't really get into it like in the past. In this most recent of episodes, Tony has a gambling problem and wants to put Carmela's $6,000 real estate gain on a Jets game. She obviously thinks he's nuts. Not surprisingly, the Jets won the game and Tony is pissed beyond belief.

But how does he find out about the Jets victory? In the newspaper! You're telling me he didn't WATCH the game like most adult males in a 100-mile radius? Can't Tony afford the internet?

OK...I'm nitpicking....but I need someone to get knocked off. My vote...Chris is gone within the next 2 episodes.
For those of you who are huge fans, you have to check out Alan Sepinwall's column on the show. It's tremendous.

While we're on the topic of the largest paper in the state, I have sucken even lower and put myself in the Munchmobile mix. For those who aren't aware of this, the Munchmobile visits various food establishments throughout the state and rate them. I sent the author a shtick-laden email and he said he will be in touch.
My dream of trying borscht in Phillipsburg may finally become a reality!



Nice job by former Roselle product Jesse Holley getting a 3 year contract with the Bengals. He's part of a truly classy family and a really nice guy. I felt bad for him in high school because he had no quarterback to throw him the ball (Holley actually lined up at QB for some reps for the Rams). The problem didn't go away in college, where QB was not a strong spot. Now, he's in a good position with Bengals needing a WR with Chris Henry out for half the season and Cincy not drafting a single WR this season. Good luck.




I started watching ER about 6 years ago. I didn't watch during the George Clooney years because I as my kids would say, "Yo no homo."




The show has gone from interesting to a complete waste of my time. I can't even follow the ridiculous storylines anymore. A doctor getting his arm chopped off by a helicopter? And this week, they CLOSED the ER. OK...that might happen.




You'd have a better chance of having Sunjay lock up the 7-11 for one night.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Ridiculous storylines?

Complete waste of time?

Bunch of doctors?

Cat, it sounds like you are describing Grey's Anatomy.

I never liked it much at all, but Mrs. VFR and many of her friends were fans, so I was roped into it a few times.

But GA reached its ludicrous breaking point with the ridiculous ferry crash earlier this season. It was laughable. I was actually laughing at its ridiculousness and rooting for Meredith Grey to be stricken from the wretched show.

Even Mrs. VFR doesn't tune in anymore.

Anyway, ER. is that still on? I thought it went off the air during the Clinton administration.

Bich said...

I'll skip the Munchmobile routine, 'cuz when it's that easy, it's no fun.

I couldn't agree more about Sopranos. Chase is going to squeak out of this show with nothing so much as a hint at resolution. Life will just move on in this mob world - and it will piss me off to no end. The only lure brining back each week is the the threat that someone will get "Pussied." But that hasn't happened in years. Sure, an Aprile or a Ralphie gets whacked every now and then, but not a true insider. Paulie? Chris? Silvio? Even a Bacala would suffice.

But no, this show will limp off into the sunset. And I will hate it for that.