Monday, April 16, 2007

Hokies Horror


Is there ANY pleasant news anymore?

Following a meeting at work, I logged on to cnn.com and saw the horrors at Virginia Tech. Over 30 people dead. Mass hysteria on campus. That school, like other schools where lives were taken (Columbine, Seton Hall, Kent Place), have never been completely the same.

While I was in Colorado, I went to Columbine in November. I was very impressed with the school and the surrounding area. Kids were playing soccer in an adjacent park and families were together in what seemed like a peaceful setting. But when I drove up to the front of the school, the thoughts of the killings lingered in my mind. I'm sure that will be the case for those students at Virginia Tech. What could drive someone to such measures? In addition to all of the lives lost, the question of security on campuses will definitely come to the foreground. More freedoms will be sacrificed and people will be forever scarred as a result of the mind of a psychotic man.

My condolences to those families who lost loved ones today.

I know it's difficult to transition to this next topic but this was my birthday weekend. I spent it at one of the best birthday parties I have ever had. So what that I knew about 3 % of the people there. So what that it was labeled "The Mosher Wedding?" It was MY BDay dammit! And I'll devour all of the crab legs I wanted. I had an amazing time with E, Sandman, Carino, Dunz and Caitling and various other clowns at the Cescaphe.


I may have to put that wedding in the top 5. Mr. Henn's is up next this weekend. That's going to be a clown show....and THEN some.

No comments: