Monday, May 14, 2007

Must See TV


Last night brought an hour stretch of television that was arguably one of the most riveting in years.

(The following contains Sopranos Plot Spoiler information....but if you haven't watched Sunday night's Sopranos...what the hell is wrong with you???)

I guess the only thing more shocking than Christopher leaving the proverbial building was the way he went. I figured he was going to get knocked off by Paulie...not by Tony. That was possibly one of the better Anti-Drug campaigns I've seen in awhile.

And no, I haven't added Cleaver to my blockbuster.com queue yet.

Then, the show that it seems no one is watching brought one of the more controversial calls. Yes, I'm the clown who still watches Survivor....I can't seem to stop. I'll be attending Survivors Anonymous meetings shortly.

With 6 people left in the game, a 54-year-old Asian guy (Yao-Man), who deserved to win the whole competition, won the truck and offered it to a fellow contestant, a male African-American cheerleader named Dreamz (don't ask). The deal was that Dreamz would have to hand over his immunity necklace -- should he win it -- when the game was down to the Final Four. As luck would have it, Dreamz (a good Christian) won the necklace after and wouldn't give the Asian cat immunity. To make matters worse, Yao-Man got voted off the island. AND he didn't ask for the truck back.

I don't know what's more troubling...the fact he refused to give up the necklace after promosing to God that he'd do it or that I am watching a program that feature a male cheerleader.

Something to think about.

Munchmobile Update: I will be partaking in the seafood expedition on July 28th. It will be in the August 10th edition of the state's largest newspaper. Here's the preview article, complete with a quote on page 3 from yours truly.

I believe it's the first time my complete name ran in this publication since I lost 6-0, 6-0 in first doubles to New Providence (or maybe it was a school for developmentally disabled kids) for A.L. Johnson my senior year.

T-minus 19 days until Local Shill becomes Shackled Shill.

No comments: