Thursday, January 11, 2007

Happy New Year....and Happy Groundhog's Day, too


Someone wished me a Happy New Year yesterday. That's 10 days after the actual event. Is this the norm? I mean, I understand things in the world are a little out of whack with the whole greenhouse effect causing 70 degree weather....but 10 days?

Punxsutawney Phil and Auld Lang Syne don't mix, people.

Some things that came through my mind recently....

-- When the summer hits, there's always a "Christmas in July" celebration somewhere. How come there are no "July 4th in December" parties?

-- Is George Bush really THIS stupid? Sending more troops to Iraq is akin to dropping a batch on the hood of a police car with the officer IN the vehicle and then eating a Taco Bell value meal and, well.....you get the picture. I think.

-- This just in. Barry Bonds says he's not black. He actually borrowed some skin from Moises Alou and didn't realize it was that color. He's actually Indian and is moving to Iselin.

-- If Justin Timberlake is bringing sexy back, it ain't in Diaz's neighborhood. When is this guy going to pull a Lance Bass and come out of the closet? (I'm sure that's not going to earn me brownie points from the girlfriend).

And isn't he on Minute 15 yet?

I went to the Rutgers/Syracuse game last night and it was one of the most boring tilts I had ever watched. This has to be one of the worst teams I've seen in the Scarlet and White....the offense was woeful....it doesn't help that the entire scoring attack has set up shop on a bench somewhere in Sacramento.

Watching the game from the next to last row at the RAC was a new experience for me. Even though I have been to dozens of games there, I had never been so high that I was fearful of planes nailing me. The last time I was that high at a sporting event was a rainy Jets/Pats game with Mr. Sandman.

High with Mr. Sandman. Well, that's kind of redundant.

I just want to wish Jersey Girl the best with her "procedure". We are scheduled for a group outing and although I have a feeling her drugged up arse will still show up, she will be greatly missed with the many clowns, shills, and yahoos in attendance.

My Coke Rewards up to 2003. Off I go to fire out expletives while watching Seton Hall beat the piss out of St. John's. Oh, so painful.

4 comments:

jersey girl said...

After meeting up with you at the game last night, we returned to our section and were able to watch as you climbed to your seats. You truly disappeared from view as you headed into the rafters. I worried about your oxygen.

jersey girl said...

Oh, and of course I'll try to make an appearance tomorrow night.

If I do make it, however, I want a guarantee of all-star status for the rest of my life.

Todd Cohen said...

You're beyond all-star status.

(Not that I'll be singing "All Star" by Smash Mouth in your honor or anything....)

Joependleton said...

Cat, Bound Brook tomorrow night?