Thursday, June 15, 2006


We had our rival middle school softball game yesterday. Since our town has two middle schools (We'll call them Kennedy School...because it ALWAYS seems like everything in this country that was built post 1963 was named after JFK) and the Bonds Institute, our faculty (Kennedy School) played their faculty (Bonds Institute).

Why "Bonds Institute"? One look at THEIR faculty, and it was obvious drug testing doesn't apply on that side of the township.

Ok....so they spent the previous day practicing while we went about our daily lives. And yes, they had four dudes who made Carlos Delgado look like Herve Villechaize (however, not in his current state). But I still thought we had a chance. Then again, I thought Crystal Pepsi was going to be hugely successful.

One of the guys I play softball with on Sundays was on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy this week. Turns out the featured couple eloped and got married in Las Vegas. That one cat Carson that everyone knows from the show married them both. Well, I mean, he didn't marry them BOTH....it's not like the show was in Utah. And one of them was female...so, well you know where I'm going with that.

He did seem excited when they brought out a basketball court and he got to play around with the balls.

Rita Rudner was on the program, too. Good to see she's still getting work. I think I saw her on Route 22 with a "Will Work for Food" sign the other day.

My new obsession is that show 24. Yeah, I'm about 6 years behind the times. One of my students tried to sell me his iPod for $200 this week. I told him I wouldn't be able to purchase it until about 2009 or so. Time to get rid of my rotary cell phone.

I just ordered Season 4 of the program. Midway through season 3, I am convinced that it may be the greatest show ever to be shown on the airwaves. It might not be very realistic...that program has had more actors revived from the dead than a Lifetime channel film festival (That Meredith Baxter Birney just WON'T DIE!!!)

Jack Bauer might have the most dangerous job in the world.....unless we're counting middle school teacher. Five days left of school! And one week till I hit Vegas. Yes, that's trouble.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Cat,

At least you are only involved in sales of legitimate items with your students. Let's just say a certain Carteret High School teacher might be involved in things a little more sketchy.

As for 24, it is a good show. But the best show to hit the airwaves in the last six years is Arrested Development, hands down.