Monday, June 19, 2006


As I headed home from work, I spotted a balloon tied to a mailbox. The balloon read "Class of 2006." I guess the people who lived there must have had a party this past weekend. And no, I wasn't invited. It's ok though.....I left a lit batch on their front doorstep.

No ill will toward them.

I guess it's pretty weird to think that we're already up to the Class of '06. I think back to my time in high school and all of the " '92" and " '93" varsity jackets and me thinking, "Damn, that's a long time away!" Well, that's still the case but in a different direction.

It's just amazing how time flies.

Hmmm....maybe I can save my varsity jacket for my great-great grandkids. I'm sure they'd be proud to have a jacket with a cool golf logo on the back and "STAT" on the side. I wasn't THAT big of a loser, thank you. I did have cross-county adorning the back side (told you I was an athlete) with a '94 in the middle.

Come to think of it.....2094....I guess that's not that far away.

I came across this story today. Nestle wants to buy Jenny Craig. That doesn't really make much sense. Isn't that like Verizon trying to sell cell phones to the National Association for the Deaf?

If a Game 7 happens and no one cares, does it still count? I think I'd rather watch Poland/Costa Rica.

My Coke Rewards.....up to 307.

3 comments:

Bich said...

It's only Game 7 for Candians and North Carolinans. Civilized people don't have to care about it.

SJPSandman said...

I care. Does that make me uncivilized? Go Canes.

Pete said...

Cat,

I have to say, I don't think I have watched a hockey game since I caught a Devils-Rangers tilt at the Garden back in, hmmmm, '95?

But I watched last night's Game 7 and found it riveting. In fact, I used the word 'riveting' in my subdeck on C1.

So you are wrong. I watched my first hockey game in a decade.

Also, it is worth mentioning that I went with a headline of "Whale of a Tale" in my first punchhead, then explained the back-and-forth nature of the series in the subdeck.

But it was later voted down when my colleagues determined our readers are too stupid to get the reference.

So the punch-head then became the lame: "No Cupcake" with a subdeck of something like "Carolina edges Oilers for title in riveting Game 7"

But I digress.

Yes, we are getting old. It has been 12 years since I departed the hallowed halls of Passaic Valley, 16 since I entered them.

That's scary, because I remember it like yesterday.