Thursday, August 24, 2006

SNL News and Uranus Was Saved!!!


Change is never easy.

I admit I like things to progress the way they usually do. I never like it when people are let go (except when it involves sitting next to a part time sports clerk who's about 45 years old and doesn't understand the concept of dialing 1-1-7 to take a box score).

So when the news came out that Horacio Sanz, Kenan Thompson, and Chris Parnell are leaving Saturday Night Live. Sure, that makes an opening for me (Lorne....you reading this???) but it also leaves a comedy void for the show.

Who will play the fat man who cracks up every other sketch?

Who will play black guy #2? Looks like Kenan will be calling Bill Cosby to see if he needs his own Kato Kaelin.

Who will play.....ah, I can kinda deal with Parnell leaving.

Tina Fey and Rachel Dratch have also left the show. (Good riddance Debbie Downer) The rumor is Jason Sudekis, who plays the spoiled chewing gum guy in the rich couple skit, will take over Weekend Update.

I wonder if Dennis Miller is deperate enough to return?

AND in other big news, the Internation Astronomical Union (IAU) declared that Pluto isn't a planet. I don't know if this really will affect our lives at all...I mean, are college students REALLY going to head 2.75 billion miles to Pluto for spring break? I think the biggest problem is what new mneumonic devices can we come up with for the EIGHT planets? My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine....Planets? Are we changing My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Noodle Pudding to just Noodles?

Science class will never be the same.

At least we still have Uranus.

No comments: